Do you have an existing IP ready to be monetized with new gaming content?
APPs and browsers have tremendous market penetration. SRPGs are well suited to the economical footprint preferred by these delivery methods.
The Benefits of SRPGs:
- Only modest hardware requirements are needed to run them.
- SPRG game engines are existing technology, with no heavy duty technical frontiers to conquer. This leaves more development time for content and features unique to the specific IP.
- Hours players spend actively engaged in an SPRG can be significant, especially in comparison to development time and cost.
- Art asset requirements, when properly planned, are lean, reusable, and easily modified; including both character and environmental art.
Do you need help developing your IP into an SRPG?
You might be amazed how well existing IPs, some which may be very familiar, can be adapted to the format. Engage visitors to your website and hold new eyes onto your property. Consider the following types of intellectual properties for development into something that will garner new life and potentially new profits:
- Generate buzz for a new-release movie.
- An existing TV show, even one not dedicated to action, with popularity untapped and in need of new outlets.
- Non-SRPG game properties can do more. Mario is a brand character used to promote many different game types.
- Past television shows or movies for which there’s still popular interest and/or retro buzz. (It can work for you again!)
- Fast food and supermarket brands with market recognition. Many products already have popular characters.
- Car, truck, and other heavy equipment manufacturers. Defeat the competition in vehicular-based SRPGs.
Considering a direct release game, or one for DL on a next gen gaming machine?
The console market has market share for a dedicated SRPG, like the popular Fire Emblem and Disgaea series. Additionally, the nature of SRPGs is well suited to DLC in the form of new battlefield maps and individual unit releases. Such elements can also be used for micro-transactions. In fact, quite a number of elements can be worked into a micro-transaction protocol.
- High Level Conceptualization: We tailor your IP into a game.
- Game Mechanics Overview Document: We define the rules of the game.
- Story Writing and/or Consultation: Your specific IP universe details woven onto a game arc.
- Game Design Documents Per Game Domain:
- World map overview, navigation, and every location’s gameplay scenario outline.
- Character class descriptions and functionality.
- High level RPG system functional description—to get your lead programmer started.
- High level art asset design Document—to get your lead artist started.
- Game Dialogue: Be it voice or text, your characters need to keep it pithy and on point.
- Review and recommendation for any of the above.
Benefit from our experience, and avoid the pitfalls to which the forgettable SRPGs have fallen victim, and the greats overcame.
Contact: GregoryFaccone (at) gmail (dot) com
You can also connect with him on LinkedIn.